There are different classes of electrical appliances which include but are not limited to the following:
- Fixed appliances- Electrical equipment that fixed in a permanent position.
- Stationary appliances- Electrical equipment that is stationary and remain unmoved such as white goods in the kitchen
- IT equipment- This is fairly self-explanatory, includes laptops, desktop computers, printers, photocopiers etc.
- Moveable or Portable appliances- Will usually weigh less than 18kg and stays in one place but could be moved with ease,
- Cables, wires, and chargers- Again, fairly self-explanatory. This includes any wire, cable, lead, or charger that connects to an electrical item or plugs into a wall or generator.
- Other handheld devices- Electric items that are held in the hand. E.g., electric tools or hairdryers,